Company: Hunter Douglas, Inc
Location: 1 Duette Way, Broomfield, CO
Position: Product Safety Compliance Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window coverings as well as a major manufacturer of architectural products
- Manages systems and documentation programs to ensure Hunter Douglas North America (HDNA) fabrication sites comply with industry safety standards for the US and Canada. Supports administration of HDNA involvement in the WCMA Best For Kids program.
- Oversees and participates in a multi-faceted audit program that includes conducting annual on-site audits for an estimated 20 or more locations.
- Manages a weekly review of product audits submitted through the iPad Safety PEP app program.
- Conducts and manages a “Secret Buy” Program to audit product from selected HDNA sites and competitors.
- Collaborate with the Window Fashions test lab site on audit findings, recommendations and solutions.
- Manages a “Virtual Team” of safety contacts for each HDNA site and group.
- Facilitates a quarterly webex session for all HDNA sites on current items related to standard compliance.
- Provides presentation materials for each October as National Window Covering Safety Month campaign.
- Responsible for designing and tracking the master spreadsheet of compliance information for all HDNA company products.
- Works closely with manufacturing and fabrication to encourage design improvements that enhance child safety features.
- Serves as an auditor of products, processes, corporate-owned suppliers, external suppliers and quality systems, on an as needed basis.
- Manages the Compliance Guideline program, including HDNA QS-001 document with visual interpretations of the US and Canadian Safety Standards.
- Develops and conducts training for all locations as Safety Standard updates and changes are implemented.
- Adminsters HDNA participation in the WCMA “Best for Kids” program.
- Supports the Lead Testing program as described in the HDNA 100 Lead Content Standard.
- Works with the Hunter Douglas Broomfield Test Lab and its HDXRF equipment.
- Prepares and submits verbal and written presentations to Hunter Douglas management on a regular basis.
- May serve as a “field investigator” for product safety incidents.
- Will report through the Corporate Quality Organization to the Director of the Quality System Review.
- An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
- Basic knowledge of Fabrication processes and systems.
- Basic knowledge of auditing techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage projects, schedule and work to deadlines and work without direct supervison.
- Ability to analyze cause and effect relationships in a problem and use problem analysis to develop resolution alternatives.
- Ability to develop new programs and/or change programs to meet changing trends and needs.
- Willing and able to Travel to HDNA sites to conduct audits.
Acceptable Training and Experience includes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Operations, or Engineering is required or equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Five to Seven years business experience in Window Covering Industry preferred.
- Experience in Auditing such as ISO and/or ESAFE is useful; Certification in ASQ as a Quality Manager, Quality Auditor or Quality Engineer is desirable.
Apply To: Liz Steves, Corporate Recruiter Liz.Steves@HunterDouglas.Com