Title: Project Manager II at CDOR in Denver CO
Company: Colorado Department of Revenue (CDOR) https://www.colorado.gov/revenue
Location: 1375 Sherman, Denver CO
SALARY: $6,262.00 – $9,492.00 Monthly ($75,144.00 – $113,904.00 Annually)
Job Application Opening Date: 01/17/17
Job Application Closing Date: 01/30/17 05:00 PM US-MT
Job Type: Full Time
Note: This Posting Will Remain Open Until The Position Is Filled; Candidates Are Encouraged to Apply Early.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
- As part of a team, this position will oversee projects under the agency standardize project management plan, including overall project coordination, scheduling, planning, and monitoring for all phases of assigned projects.
- Additional duties include:
- Formulating work plans, tracking project progress, and identifying scheduling problems;
- Overseeing and coordinating the development, design, and implementation of new business processes and technology solutions designed to meet the needs of the Department of Revenue and its customers;
- Overseeing the development of requirements and Statements of Work (SOWs) for approved departmental projects;
- Monitoring implementation progress of approved departmental initiatives for adherence to strategic and tactical plans;
- Providing recommendations to the Director of the Project Management Office and Project Steering Committees regarding business process improvements, and proposed projects to meet strategic objectives and business goals;
- Coordinating with assigned Business Analyst on all analysis activities to ensure that user requirements are accurately defined and documented, costs and benefits are properly analyzed.
- Manage projects from initiation through implementation, including new program enhancements and modifications.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing.
- At times, the individual that is selected for this position will be required to manage multi-million dollar, multi-year projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Project Management, or a closely related field (at the discretion of the hiring agency).
- Four (4) years of full-time professional project management experience which included professional high-level experience in one or more of the following:
- Administering, planning, organizing, executing and overseeing projects.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Project software for managing project schedules.
NECESSARY SPECIAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENT:
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification issued by PMI or comparable entity (At the discretion of the hiring agency).
- If you do not currently have a certification, you will need to obtain your certification within one (1) year of hire date
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- BS/BA in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Business Management or Computer Science
- Eight (8) years of professional full-time project management experience which included professional high-level experience in one or more of the following: administering, planning, organizing, executing and overseeing projects
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification issued by Project Management Institute
- Must be able to provide direction to a project team including assignments of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical functions
- Manage relationships with vendors and contracts, project sponsors, team members and stakeholders
- Prepare and present project deliverables including project management, risk management, budget and quality management, and communication plans, schedules, status report plans and quality management
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Successful in planning and managing multiple medium-to-large projects of significant magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time-constraints, internal and external staffing to completion
CDOR REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Competencies required for all DOR positions include good communications skills (both oral and written), interpersonal skills, the ability to follow written and oral instructions, the ability to multi-task, the ability to work with confidential information, the ability to work in high-stress environments, and the demonstrated ability to assist customers in an effective, efficient, and elegant manner.